Amazon Associate | How to make money through Amazon Associate or Affiliate program
Amazon Associate is the Amazon affiliate program that you can use to make money through your website or blog. This is another cool and simple way to monetize your blog or website. If you have been looking for a way to monetize your blog beside Google Adsense, Amazon associate program is a wonderful option for you.
What you do here is to advertise products from Amazon.com on your website by creating links. So, when a customer clicks the links and buys any product from Amazon, you’ll earn referral fees on the product. This program is also called the ‘’Amazon Affiliate program’’.
How to become an Amazon Associate
Becoming an Amazon Associate isn’t a big deal, all you need to do is to simply sign up, then, receive approval and place Amazon affiliate links on your sites on the Amazon products that you have reviewed.
Then whenever someone buys the product from Amazon through your link, you’ll get a commission. In this article, you’ll know the step by step process on how to become an Amazon Associate. It doesn’t matter if you’re an entrepreneur or you’re starting your own business, provided you need an additional way to make money, you’ll find this article very helpful.
Steps to Become an Amazon Affiliate
- Create your own blog or a website
- Go to the Amazon Associate homepage
- Build your personal Amazon associate profile
- Create your Amazon Affiliate links
You need to have an active website or blog, app or YouTube channel. Having an already populated website would be an advantage. Also, you must describe the purpose of your website as you are applying. This will help you have a strong reason for creating the website and to know your target audience and how to get your traffic.
Creating your Amazon Affiliate/Associate Account
- Visit the Amazon Associate homepage and click on ‘’Join now for free’’
- It’ll lead you to log in to your existing Amazon account or create a new one.
- After you have signed in to your Amazon account tap on ‘’New customer’’ and then, you can start building your Associate account.
Building your Associate Profile
- Fill in your Account details which include your name, address, phone number of the Payee
- Provide your Website address
- Fill out your preferred Store ID, it’s the same as your primary website name. You have to explain what you intend to achieve through your website and choose Amazon topics that your links will target.
- State how you’ll drive traffic to your website, how you can use the website to generate income. Also, how you’ll build links and the number of visitors that your site will generate each month.
- Provide your phone number and them, press the ‘’ Call Me Now’’ button and wait for the immediate call from Amazon. They’ll request you to input a four-digit code. After you entered the code, your account set up is completed and will be approved.
- Select a Payment method-You to have to choose whether to put your payment method as a Credit card, tax ID details now or later. Move to the dashboard- You’ll receive a congratulatory message for applying for the Associate program on Amazon.
Creating of Amazon Affiliate Links
After your creating your account, you’ll receive a personal Associate homepage. Here is where you’ll see your performance dashboard (it contains your earnings overview, monthly summary, and your total clicks). It’s from here; you search for relevant products to link to from your content.
Steps to create your Amazon affiliate link
- Select either ‘’Quick links, then search for product’’ or you can Browse for Products’’
- Quick links: Search for Product’’, enables you to search for a specific product keyword
- Then, Browse for product’’ allows you to search for products through the categories such as video, Health and Beauty’’ and Books.
- When you find a product, tap the ‘’Get link’’ button
- Thereafter, customize your link by selecting an ad with text and image, text only, Image only or widget
- It depends on the type of link, customize background color, title color, and image size
- Now, preview the link before adding it to your website
- Then, copy and paste the link or HTML copy and place it on your site
Note: Your account will be approved for 180 days. At this time, you must sell at least one product or your account will be closed. But you can re-apply for the Amazon Associate program after making some adjustments to your website.
I hope this article will help you start your own affiliate marketing website to earn additional money for your business.