British Council GREAT Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies: University of Kent, UK
British Council GREAT Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies at the University of Kent – Applications are being welcomed by The British Council in collaboration with the University of Kent. This is open for brilliant and eligible international students for the British Council GREAT Scholarship. This is applicable for Chinese, Ghanaian, Egyptian, Indian, Kenyan, Malaysian, and Thailand citizens.
The GREAT Scholarships programme is funded jointly by three bodies. UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign, British Council and the University of Kent. This is as part of the Study UK campaign.
Sponsor(s): UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign/British Council/University of Kent
Type of Scholarship: Partial funding
Host Institution(s): University of Kent, UK
Worth of Scholarship: €10,000 per awardee
Study Level: Masters
Number of Awardees: 10 Awards in 2021
Eligible Nationality: Overseas Students
Eligibility CriteriaForBritish Council GREAT Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
To be eligible for this scholarship, you ought to:
- Be a citizen of one of the programme’s eligible countries. The eligible countries are China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malaysia, or Thailand, and be assessed as overseas fee payer.
- Have received a conditional offer. It doesn’t stop there, you must have accepted this before the deadline date.
- Be active in the field. This should be with work experience or proven interest in the subject area.
- Willingness to embody the UK Higher Education experience. You can do so by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities. As well as acting as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI.
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar. This is best done through personal and academic fulfilment.
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand. You can do so by becoming an advocate for scholarships.
- Be willing to attend a networking event for all UK-based GREAT scholars. By so doing, you get to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
All applications for the British Council GREAT scholarship should be made through the applicant portal. You will only be able to apply for the GREAT Scholarship once you have received an offer for your programme. This offer is from the University of Kent. Well, if you must be considered for this award, you will need to submit the following:
- Write an essay of no more than 500 words. This should be about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting.
- Also, the topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree programme.
- Lastly, the document should be uploaded in word or pdf format only, other formats will be rejected.h
On the other hand, if you have applied for a programme with the Medway School of Pharmacy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that scholarships will be awarded based on the information provided on your application to the University of Kent. It will be done together with the clear thinking and motivation shown in the submitted essay.