Facebook manager | How to delete multiple posts on your Facebook timeline
Facebook is the foremost social media platform in the world, they have been going strong for quite a while now. Most of you own a Facebook account for more than 10 years now, and we are sure that the person you are 10 years ago is barely the same person you are right now.
You might never have thought about viewing all then post or pictures on your Facebook timeline over the years.
We sure that not all your Facebook posts can be regarded as a gem, you probably have tons of old posts you are probably wishing you could get rid of.
Well, you are in luck as we are going to be discussing an important Facebook feature that helps you get rid of your old posts quickly.
Facebook Manager Activity
Facebook manager activity is one of the many interesting features of Facebook. Sometimes you want to do certain activities with your Facebook account and certain activities on your timeline might be detrimental for your status.
It helps you view and effect changes to any post on your timeline.
For example, you can change the date of a post on your timeline if you are willing.
Well since we are listing a feature of the Facebook activity manager, let’s list out more functions of the Facebook activity manager.
The function of the Facebook activity manager
- Archiving feature: archive feature lets you hide contents you don’t want others to see but you want to keep it to yourself.
For an old embarrassing post from high-school that you find amusing but might not want anyone else seeing it.
- Trash: you could also move posts that are not important to the trash, post sent to the trash will stay there for 30 days before they are permanently deleted.
- Post Management: this feature helps you manage multiple posts at once, for example, if you are looking for a post in 2007.
You can filter them with the post-management function so it only shows posts made in 2007.
How to access the Facebook manage activity feature.
Well, the Facebook manage activity isn’t available in all Facebook platforms, for now, it is available on Facebook lite and Facebook app feature.
It is still not available on desktop but we are expecting the release soon.
To access the Facebook manage activity on Facebook follow the steps listed.
- Go to settings on from your Facebook homepage.
- Go to the activity log.
- Click on manage activity
- You can then select from your posts, activity that you are tagged in and interactions.
- Click on your posts, on the heading you will see the options of filtering your posts, checking your archive or you recycle bin.
- Your post is arranged chronologically, you can select a post and either to archive it or recycle it.
Why delete a post.
There are two major reasons why someone might choose to delete previous posts on from his/her timeline.
- Relationship purposes: you be in a relationship with a partner who just doesn’t trust you.
He/she might look for any avenue to pick an argument with you, even claiming that you probably had something to do with that boy/girl you dated while in high school.
- Career purposes: you probably don’t want your prospective boss to see some embarrassing post you made while you were living life.
In the US alone lots of people have lost their jobs over posts they made on social media years ago.
Especially in sports you probably won’t sign for Arsenal if they discovered you supported Tottenham as a kid.