Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace Rules to increase sales
The Facebook marketplace is a convenient, eCommerce site for people on facebook to find items they like and either buy or sell or both.
Even though the marketplace is individual to individual sales, it also includes merchants.
With the number of people using Facebook monthly, this platform gives retailers the opportunity to discover trending and searched for items and sell key products in an already thriving ‘shopping mall’. With your Facebook page, you can create a large market for your brand through Facebook page advertising. And with this, you can turn your page as a great marketing platform where you can even sell more than those in Brick and mortar shops.
You can find items easily using filters; price, location, and category.
The Facebook Marketplace Categories and eCommerce Sync
Before we discuss the marketplace rules, I would like to take you through the categories and eCommerce platforms that sync with the FB This market platform
You can see all product categories under the facebook marketplace below in no particular order;
- Clothing and Accessories
- Home and Gardens
Not all eCommerce platforms sync with facebook. So I’m going to be listing those that do.
FB Marketplace Rules
The facebook marketplace rules are rules that govern the facebook marketplace. Theses facebook marketplace rules outline behaviors and items that can be sold on the facebook marketplace. Below are the facebook marketplace rules:
- You can’t sell some items in the marketplace. Items like alcohol, animals, gift cards, event tickets, digital media and electronics, healthcare items, tobacco products, prescription, recreational or illegal drugs. Furthermore, adult products or services, unsafe supplements, weapons, explosives or ammunition cannot be sold.
- Sellers can only sell physical items
- Pictures depicting a before and after product result cannot be shown on the facebook marketplace.
- The picture of the product you upload must match its title and description.
Note: items like events tickets or services like housekeeping can only be available when you coordinate with one of facebook’s partners.
FB marketplace pros and cons
Now that we have seen what the facebook marketplace is and its rules, let’s consider its pros and cons.
- Buyers and sellers can view each other’s profiles; as a result, it offers a measure of user accountability. Users can only access this platform when they login to Facebook. This way both parties can avoid scammers or putting themselves in an unsafe situation.
- Buyers and sellers are within 100 miles of each other. Keeping business local as this is the location default setting.
- The payment transaction is possible online using PayPal.
- It allows users to create or join FB groups where they can buy or sell products. Allowing access to a wider range of products and services.
- Facebook does not charge any fee for listing.
- This market is already in your facebook app or can be accessed on the Facebook website. You don’t have to download another app to be able to access the FB market
- Its major downside is that it’s open to potential scam practices. And also its usage of stock pictures. If you happen to run into and problems in the sale or purchase of a product,,The FB marketplace is under no obligation to help you recover your money.