Google Ads Editor | How to Create and Edit Google Ads
The Google ads editor is a free downloadable application that enables its users to effect changes to their ads campaigns even when the user is offline.
Features of the Google ads editor
The ads editor has a variety of interesting features, like the ability to run multiple campaigns at the same time while making changes to all of your accounts at the same time.
You can also carry out a variety of text editing , move items and effect changes across multiple campaigns, it also allows you to make edits in drafts, before effecting the changes across the campaigns.
Google ads editor also allows you to track important campaign numbers like the click-through rate, cost, position and conversion information.
While any size account can use the ads editor, it is more suitable for users with multiple campaigns ongoing, that means advertisers hosting multiple campaigns with long list of keywords and adverts.
Integration of ads and the Google ads editor.
Google ads editor users can still log into their google ads account via the link https://ads.google.com and effect changes there. Remember to keep your editor up to date by downloading your recent changes.
Apart from the standard uses of the ads editor, it can also be used as a tool for ‘vanilla’ campaign management tasks.
Benefits of Google ads editor
- One of the great things about ads editor for campaigns is that it can quickly tell you whether or not your ideas are any good. Do you have new ad group ideas or want to duplicate your campaign to target another geographic area?
Is the new keyword you bid not performing up to expectations? Using the Ad Editor function of copy & paste, you quickly make your ideas a reality.
The ads Editor benefit of copy & paste allows you to quickly duplicate anything you want, to then push live in speedily. If you’re on a Mac, simply highlight what you want to copy (keywords, ads, ad groups, or campaigns) and press Command + C and then Command + V to paste. If you’re on a PC, all you have to do is use the Control button instead of the Command.
· Advanced Bid Changes Some great things that are now also available in the Google ads editor interface are advanced bid changes. You can either highlight all your keywords or just some, and increase or decrease bids based on currency amounts or percentages.
To make your advanced bid changes, you’ll want to make sure you’re highlighting all or some of the keyword bids you want to change. Once there, you’ll find the “Change Bids” button at the top of your Google ads Editor Interface.
A great way that could potentially save you time would be to look at keywords that have low conversion costs, but low ad ranks as well.
You could decide to increase bids 10-20% to see if you could get a higher volume of conversions based on the improved ad rank from that change.
You might also have keywords that have great ad ranks but conversion costs are getting a little too high. Lowering bids a certain amount can help you pay less per click while still maintaining a strong ad rank.
- Speed, if you didn’t already catch this, the major Google Editor benefits all revolve around speed. Being able to do things in bulk and making adjustments quickly make the ads Editor an invaluable tool for managing your AdWords account. In the beginning, it actually may feel counterintuitive as there is a learning curve to the Google ads Editor.
How to create a Google ads editor account.
The ads Editor is a tool that you can download and install on your local PC. It allows you to manage your campaigns while you’re not even connected to the Internet.
Once you’re done with the edits, you can sync them with your AdWords account.
- Download the Google Ads Editor, Before you can use the editor, you need to download it. The installation process might not put an icon for the Google ads, Editor, on your desktop.
If you’re on a Windows platform, you can usually find it by clicking on the “Start” icon in the lower, left-hand corner and looking for Google Ads Editor in the menu that appears.
- When you launch the application, you’ll have to accept the license agreement. Then, you’ll have to go through an initial setup process.
- After opening the app, click on “Accounts” from the menu at the top. Then, click “Add.”You can also just click on the “+ ADD” button towards the top of the screen. A popup will appear asking if you want to sign in with Google Chrome or within the application.
If you’re already logged in to your Google account on Chrome, it’s probably easiest to log in that way. On the other hand, if you want to stay within the app to sign in for security purposes, then choose that option. When you do sign on, you’ll be asked for your credentials. Use your Gmail address and password.