Google SoundCloud | Things You need to Know about SoundCloud
Google SoundCloud – This is a website for audio distribution that is online and distributes audio and shares music. It’s owned by Google to enable users to get access to as much music as possible.
Users can share, upload and promote audio. It is based in Berlin, Germany. Eric Wahlforss and Alexander Ljung founded it in 2007.
Features of Google SoundCloud
- Enables users access uploaded files.
- Listen to audio and upload 180 minutes of audio at no cost to their profile.
- Distributes audio using widgets and apps that allow users place widgets on their blogs or websites.
- Allow users like, repost, follow or share, create playlists and also make complimentary audio downloads available.
- It supports ‘Creative Commons’ licenses.
- Allow programs to download or upload sound files if the uploader has given permission to do so.
Things you should know about SoundCloud
There are a lot of things you need to know about Soundcloud and I’m going to be discussing some of them here.
How to create a SoundCloud account
- Visit the SoundCloud website
- You can sign up with the ‘Continue with Facebook’ or ‘Continue with Google’ options.
- Enter your email and click on the ‘continue’ button.
- Type in your password and tap Sign-up.
SoundCloud Account Login steps
- Log in to the Google SoundCloud website on your browser.
- At the top right of the screen you’ll find a ‘Sign Up’ button, click on it.
- Enter your email, tap continues. In the window that appears, key in your password and tap ‘Sign Up’.
How to Set Up Your Profile
- At the top navigation bar, tap on the profile icon.
- Click ‘Edit’ next and edit your profile how you want it to be.
- Add links to your website, Last FM, Tumblr and other apps and it will be directly linked to your profile on Soundcloud.
How SoundCloud works
There are basically two categories of people to be found on SoundCloud. Those who use SoundCloud to upload and promote their music, and those who come to listen to music.
Those who upload their music basically use it to promote their tracks for others to listen and to also monitor the number of people who listen to them. Links can also be provided by these set of people so listeners can download or buy their music and even grant permission for people to use their tracks in a certain way.
Whereas those who listen can comment on songs they listen to or share them on their other social accounts. They have the option of reposting songs they like on their profiles. The ability to download songs and create playlists are open to them.
How to save audio to listen offline
SoundCloud users can listen to playlists offline that they’ve either created or liked on their mobile device.
To save individuals playlists offline, simply open the playlist and tap the download button close to the ‘likes’ button.
To save liked tracks for offline access, click on the heart or head tab on your Android or iOS device respectively. Next tab the download symbol close to the shuffle button.
If you’ll like to save your entire library to listen to offline, simply navigate to ‘Settings’. Visit your ‘Offline listening settings’. Click on ‘Save automatically’ to turn it on.
Kindly note, that anytime you create a new playlist or like a new music, it’ll be added to you offline playlist.
How to save on Wifi connections
Since SoundCloud uses data to transfer your library for offline listening, you can set it so that the library only saves when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi.
Simply navigate to ‘Settings’, visit the ‘Offline listening setting’ and turn on the ‘only save via Wi-Fi’ option.
How to upload songs on SoundCloud
- Log in to the SoundCloud website.
- Tap upload at the top of the screen.
- Click on ‘choose files to upload’.
- Pick the audio you want to upload and click ‘open’.
- Key in the required information, then tap ‘save’ to upload.