How to create a Facebook account with Gmail: sign up for new Gmail
Did you know that apart from your phone number that you can also create Facebook account with Gmail? Many people are searching for how they can create a new Facebook account using only their email address.
However, if that be the case, this article will be a guide on how you can do that without much stress. Facebook is the most popular social networking in Nigeria and beyond and is been used by more than 2 billion people in a week.
This amazing platform facilitates communication and connections with loved ones irrespective of where there are. So, if you want to create an account with Facebook, you can either provide your phone number or email address.
But this article is centered on how you’ll create an account with your Gmail. Do you have a Gmail account? It’ll interest you to know that Facebook now supports the use of Gmail details to login to the Facebook account.
Once you register or create a Facebook account with Gmail, you don’t have to type in your username and password again.
This is because once you logged in to your Gmail account; you’ll be automatically logged in to your Facebook account too.
So, this saves you a lot of time and provides you easy access to your Facebook profile page.
Before we proceed to hoe to create a Facebook account via Gmail, let’s look at some of the features of the Facebook app.
Also Read: How to check my Gmail Login History
Features of a Facebook app
- Facebook has provided a marketplace where people can easily buy and sell their products.
- You can also watch live videos using the Facebook app.
- Share photos, videos, and memories using the Facebook app.
- You can also play games with your friends on Facebook games.
- Facebook allows users to follow favorite artists, websites, and organizations to get the latest news.
- This amazing app also notifies you when a friend likes or comments on your photos.
- It also helps users to connect with family and friends and also meet new people.
- Facebook also help singles to find their matches through their various dating group.
So, do you want to enjoy all these features, and then you’ve to register Facebook with your Gmail account?
Create a Facebook account using your Gmail
For you to create a Facebook account, follow the steps below.
- Using your browser, go to the facebook.com official website.
- Tap on the “create new account” button to create the account.
- Fill in your name, email address, password, as well as your gender, and date of birth.
- Hit on the “sign up” button.
- Confirm your email account by entering the code sent to your account.
- Your account has been created successfully.
How to create a Facebook account via Gmail for mobile devices
The process of creating a Facebook coconut isn’t the same in all mobile devices.
These devices include iphone, computers, android, or OIS devices;
However, if you have these mentioned devices, here’s how to create an account using any of them.
Create an account with iphone
- If you don’t have the Facebook mobile app, you’ve to download and install it from the Apple app store.
But if you already have the app on your phone, let’s continue.
- Now, open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Click on “create new account”.
- Then, click on the get started button.
- Follow the instructions on the next page and fill in your name, date of birth as well as gender in the space provided.
- Next is to click on the use your email address instead of a mobile phone number.
- Enter your email address.
- Finally, create your password and click on sign in.
Create an account for computer
- Visit facebook.com
- Tap on the “create new account” menu option.
- Fill in your name, email address, password as well as the gender and date of birth in the space given.
- Tap on the “sign up” button.
Create a Facebook account with android
- First and foremost, download and install the app in your phone from the Google play store.
- Now, op eth app and click on “create new account”.
- Click on next and enter your full name.
- Click on next again and fill in your date of birth and gender.
- Then click on “use email address” and enter your valid Gmail address.
- Next is to create your password.
- Finally, click on “sign up”.
Have you seen how simple and fast it is? You must verify and confirm your Gmail address to make your Facebook account creation a success.
Moreover, in case you don’t have the app and you’ll need to download it to your mobile phone or computer.
It’s very easy and doesn’t require much strength and effort.
How to download Facebook app to your mobile device Android or iphone
- First and foremost, go to the Google play store or Apple store on your device.
- Now you’ve to open the store and search for “Facebook lite” using the search bar.
- This action will direct you to the application page on the Google play store.
- When you find it, click on the “install” button.
- Wait as the app is downloading to your phone.
- Once the download process is complete, it’ll be automatically installed on your phone.
How to hide your email address on your Facebook profile
Do you know that your email address has a privacy setting that controls who sees it or not?
Therefore, you can select to expose your email address to the public through the settings. Follow the below steps to achieve this with ease.
- Firstly, login to your Facebook account.
- Then, tap on your profile picture in the top right of your screen.
- On the next page, tap on “About” at the top of your profile.
- Then, click on contact and basic info in the left menu.
- Tap on edit close to your email address.
- Finally, tap on the audience selector close to your email address to change your audience.
- Click on save.
It’s as simple as that! It’s very important to hide your email address especially now that there’s a continuous rise in cybercrime.
This is to ensure the security and safety of your account.