How to Create an Amazon Account | Steps to Delete Your Amazon Account
Here, I’ll be discussing how to create an Amazon Account to sell or buy from Amazon. Amazon is an American online market where users can buy and sell products.
As am e-commerce marketplace founded in Seattle, Washington in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, it has grown to be the largest and most valuable online retailer and one of the most powerful brands in the world.
As a massive online retailer, it is available in many countries and different languages. The online retailer offers a lot of products and services like the Amazon Kindle and app store that appears to be one of its most popular products, industrial and scientific supplies, health and personal care items, and recently, banking.
Also, in some countries, Amazon has separate retail websites for some countries and international shipping of some of its products to some countries as well. It also allows individuals and businesses to display and sell products online.
This article I’m writing on at the moment is so you can have access to information on how you can delete your Amazon account without hassle.
I’m aware that the reason some users want to delete their Amazon account, is so they can create a new one. Deleting an active account has some consequences though. I’m going to tell you some of them before you delete your account. This is so you can consider all options before taking account.
How to Create an Amazon Account
Before you can delete your Amazon account, I can you must have an Amazon account. And here’s how to create an Amazon account.
- Visit the Amazon website.
- Place your cursor on ‘Your Account’.
- A drop-down menu will appear, tap on ‘Start Here’.
- Key in your personal information.
- Tap on ‘Create Account’.
And voila, you have an Amazon account at your disposal.
Things You Should Know Before You Delete Your Amazon Account
Deleting your Amazon Account will make you lose some of the following privileges;
- You’ll lose all digital content that relates to the Amazon music AppStore.
- Not able to process any returns or refunds of orders on your account.
- Lose access to necessary information on your account, order history, product reviews, and payment methods.
- Loss of all the funds on your account that comes from gift cards or promotional offers.
- Amazon sites and other services credentials will be lost.
Login Steps to Your Amazon Account
To log in to your Amazon account is a very simple feat. You just require your email and password you used when opening your account. I’ll take you through a step by step guide.
- Navigate to the Amazon website on your browser or click on this link.
- Tap ‘Accounts and Lists’. You’ll find this is at the top of your page.
- Click on ‘Sign in’, to gain access.
- You’ll be required to key in your email and then the password.
- After you’ve provided this information, tap on the ‘Sign in’ button below.
And these simple steps grant you access to the amazing e-commerce world Amazon has to offer.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account
This is a step by step guide to deleting your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the Amazon website on your browser.
- Login into your account as directed above.
- Ensure there’s no outstanding order or transaction.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the ‘help’ button.
- Under the ‘Help’ menu, tap ‘Contact us’.
- From the available options, choose ‘Prime’ or anything else.
- Press the ‘Please make a selection’ option.
- Tap ‘Login and Security’.
- Click ‘Please make a selection’.
- In the options that appear, choose ‘Close my account’.
- Click on any contact option you like.
- There are two options available to you. You could, either key in your phone number in the box that is available close to your number and tap ‘Call me now’. And wait for a customer care agent to call you.
- Or, give a reason you want to delete your account through an email.
- After these steps, wait a while and your account will be deleted.