How to Listen To Spotify Offline from Your Android phone without a Premium Subscription
Do you want to know how to listen to Spotify offline from your Android phones without a premium subscription? If yes, I just want you to take some time and read through this article to the end.
What is Spotify
Spotify is a digital music streaming service that allows users to access millions of songs, podcasts, and videos from artists from all over the world.
Contents can be accessed for free when you sign up with your email or Facebook. Signing up with Facebook enables users to find and follow friends and see what songs they’re listening to and also, share songs with them.
Spotify comes in two forms; free and Premium. The premium subscription costs £9.99 or $9.99 per month. Benefits premium users enjoy include; Spotify connects, unlimited skips, extreme quality streaming, and ad-free streaming.
What is Spotify Premium service?
Premium family is an option available on Spotify that allows up to 6 people to have access to their own Spotify account under one bill. But all users must reside in the same address. Students can enjoy a discounted plan at £4.99 or $4.99 per month.
How to listen to your Spotify Offline on your Android device without a premium
The Spotify offline mode is only available to premium subscription users. Sometimes, premium users can encounter some offline mode errors, these tips are for both premium users who encounter this problem and free users alike.
To be able to do this, simply download and install a dedicated Spotify playlist downloader called TunesKit Spotify Music Converter.
This allows you to download and save Spotify playlists, albums, and tracks in different kinds of music formats like MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, FLAC.
This converter doesn’t even require a Spotify member. Just move any Spotify song into the software and the song will be converted in an instant.
Spotify – How it works
Before you know how to listen to Spotify offline, you must know how Spotify works. Using Spotify is quite easy. It pretty much involves just signing up and listening. Here are tips on how it works;
- Navigate to the Spotify website and signup.
- Select a subscription level. Choosing a Spotify Premium gives you access to a lot more features, connect to other device option and is a lot more flexible.
- Download and install the Spotify app on your mobile device. It’s available for download on desktop, iPhone and iPad, and Android phones.
- Sign in to your account and start listening to tracks on your device.
How to listen to Spotify offline – sign up for Spotify
- Navigate to the Spotify signup page.
- In the window that appears, click on ‘Sign up with Facebook’ to sign up with your Facebook account.
- Or you could sign up with your email by providing your email address.
- Confirm your email.
- Provide a password.
- Key in a username.
- Enter your date of birth and select your sex.
- Tap on the box next to ‘Share my registration data with Spotify’s content providers for marketing purposes.
- Click on the green ‘SIGN UP’ button.
How to log in to your Spotify account
- Visit the signup page.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button under the green sign up button.
- In the new window that appears, you have the option of logging in with Facebook or email.
- To log in with Facebook, just click on the big blue ‘Log in with Facebook’ button.
- Using email, enter your email address or your username.
- Key in your password, click on the ‘remember me’ box.
- Tap ‘Log In’.
How to listen to Spotify Offline on your Android Device
- Open the Spotify app on your android device.
- Tap ‘edit offline playlist’.
- Click on the box next to the playlist you want to sync to select it. A checkmark will appear on the box.
- The synced playlist when opened will show a green download icon next to each track on the playlist.
- Next, tap ‘More’ on the menu at the bottom.
- In the new window that appears, tap on the box next to ‘Offline mode’, and a green checkmark will appear on it.
This setting is essential when you want to listen to music on a plane or in locations that don’t have an internet connection. It also helps you reduce data usage by synchronizing your playlist to when you have a Wi-Fi connection and listening to music in offline mode. And also when you have no or limited Wi-Fi connection.
There’s a limit to the number of tracks you can sync. And you’re also required to log in to your Spotify account once a month to verify your premium membership. The limited number of tracks that can be synced offline is 3,333.
How to Sync your Spotify to an iPod
iPods and Spotify are compatible. All iPod classic models and the iPod shuffle and iPod nano and an iPod that connects through USB cable, not those connected through FireWire are compatible with Spotify.
- Simply quit your iTunes as both apps can’t sync with it running.
- Open your Spotify app.
- Plugin your iPod to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click on the ‘Erase iPod & Sync with Spotify’ prompt that appears. It only appears the first time you try syncing.
- Choose ‘Sync All Music to This iPod’ in the options that appear.
- Click ‘Eject’ next to your iPod in the Spotify sidebar to safely remove your iPod.
- Ensure the warning message warning you not to disconnect disappears before disconnecting your iPod.
How to delete a Spotify account
Spotify premium subscription can be downgraded to the free account. But if you must delete your account, here are the steps you must follow.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Go to the Spotify Contact support page.
- Or you could visit the page directly
- In the category option, pick ‘account’.
- Choose the ‘I want to close my account permanently’ option.
- Tap ‘continue’ to close your account.