How To Permanently Block Someone On Facebook: How To Block Someone On Facebook
How to permanently block someone on Facebook is what many people are searching for. However, to block a friend on Facebook is very easy and simple. The act of blocking or restricting someone from getting in touch with you became popular from early 2001 to 2009. However, a result of abuses, social media fraud, and another fraudulent attitude from people triggers people to ask questions.
As a result of this, knowing how to block someone on social media especially Facebook becomes very important for every Facebook user. Nowadays, it’ll not be a surprise to you when a friend or maybe even your loved one suddenly started shouting at you on your Facebook feed.
Therefore, if someone on your Facebook feed annoyed you and you’ll like to block the person, there are a number of steps you can use to achieve this.
Meanwhile, you have to understand that there’re annoying contacts online, just the way you have them offline.
So, many people you added as your friend today on Facebook might become your enemy tomorrow. But because Facebook is aware of this, they included how you can block someone permanently on Facebook from the beginning.
However, whether it is on messenger, Facebook pages, or Facebook groups, it’s very easy to block someone permanently on Facebook without any stress.
Trending: How to block your Friends on Facebook
So in this article, I’ll show the step-by-step guide to taking when you want to block someone on Facebook.
What is blocking someone on Facebook?
To block someone on Facebook means to keep the person away from your timeline for a temporal or permanent period of time.
Furthermore, when you block someone on Facebook permanently, he or she will no longer see any post on your timeline or be able to tag you in his own post.
Reasons for blocking someone on Facebook
There are several reasons for blocking users on Facebook, some of them includes;
- Posting of abusive comments on an individual timeline.
- Cyberbullying an individual
- Sending offensive messages to an individual
- Trying to prevent a hacker from sending scam messages to individuals.
The difference between unfriending and blocking someone on Facebook
It’ll interest you to know that there is a difference between blocking and unfriending someone on Facebook.
Unfriending someone on Facebook
Unfriending someone on Facebook means removing the person from your Facebook contact list.
So, if you unfriend someone, the person will also be removed from your contact list.
But the good news is that you can add the person back if you want to befriend him again.
How to permanently block someone on Facebook
To keep away annoying friends from your timeline permanently is very easy, so here’s how you can do that without much stress;
- Go to your browser or the Facebook app on your phone and log in to your Facebook account.
- At the right-hand side of your account, click on the settings icon.
- Once you see the blocking option, click on it.
- Enter the name of the person you’ll like to block at the Block user section.
- Tap on block
- Wait while Facebook processes it and gives you feedback.
How to block someone on Facebook using the pc
Follow these steps to bock unwanted friends on Facebook using the desktop;
- Login to your Facebook profile.
- On the top right side of the window, click on the down arrow.
- Once you have done that, click on settings and privacy
- Click on settings
- Click on privacy in the setting menu
- On the left side of the menu, click on Blocking.
- Type in the name of the person you want to block.
- Click on the block and select the person from the list shown to you.
- Then click on the block again to confirm that you really want to block the person.
- Click confirm
How to block someone on Facebook using the mobile app on android
Use the following steps when you want to block someone on Facebook using the mobile app on android;
- Login to your account using the Facebook app on your phone.
- Search for the person’s profile and tap on it.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal dots beside the message icon.
- From the menu, tap on the block.
- Select block again from the top_ ups that appear to confirm.
- You have successfully blocked the person on Facebook.
After I blocked someone on Facebook, what can I see about the person?
You might want to know the outcome of blocking a person on Facebook before you proceed to do it.
Here’re a few things you’ll use to remember your old friend you blocked on Facebook.
Chats or messages
After you have blocked someone on Facebook, you’ll still see all the messages and conversations you have with the person in your inbox.
Moreover, the person is in the same group as you, you’ll still be able to see the messages.
But also note that you can easily leave a conversation that you don’t want to be part of. You can also delete any group or conversation you don’t like from your Facebook account.
Mutual friend story
You can easily see a friend you’ve blocked on Facebook through a mutual friend.
When you block someone on Facebook, you didn’t block all the videos, music, or files shared with you by the person. So once you go to your inbox you’ll see it there.
A friend you block on Facebook will not have access to invite you to any event.
Games and app
There is a possibility that you’ll meet a blocked friend on Facebook while playing a game.
What will happen when I block someone on Facebook permanently?
When you block someone or maybe an annoying friend on Facebook, he or she will automatically stop being your friend.
More so, you’ll have to send a friend request to the person if you want to be friends again.
Also, note that the friend you have blocked will not be notified that you have removed him from your friend list.