How You Can Buy From Alibaba and Sell on Amazon
Hello people, in this article, I’m going to be talking on how you can buy from Alibaba and sell on Amazon. I know you’re wondering if it works. Yes, it does, just follow my guide and learn how to buy from Alibaba so you can sell individually on Amazon.
What is Alibaba? – Buy from Alibaba and sell on Amazon
Before you can buy from Alibaba, I guess you have to learn what Alibaba is.
Alibaba is a Chinese e-commerce company like Amazon that provides manufacturing sourcing options for businesses at affordable prices. It also provides retailers that are scaling and diversifying their business a platform to source items directly from a large network of suppliers by themselves.
Above all, finding the right supplier is the secret weapon to being successful in selling on Amazon.
How to Buy from Alibaba
- Visit the Alibaba page here.
- Tap on ‘Join free’.
- Key in your email and verify it.
- Provide personal information like first name, last name, location, and password and phone number.
- You’ll be required to provide your company name, if you don’t have one, you can make up one on the spot.
- Confirm the personal information you provided to complete your registration.
- You can now start buying products to sell on Amazon.
How To Select The Perfect Supplier For You
After you buy from Alibaba, you’ll need to ship the items to your location so you can sell on Amazon. This is where a supplier comes in. here I’ll give you a few requirements to look out for when selecting a supplier. But first, we have to look at the types of suppliers available before you buy from Alibaba.
There are Manufacturers and Factories and there are Trading companies.
Manufacturers or factories are the companies that manufacture goods. Often times their prices are lower but have a limited selection of goods. But bear in mind that theses manufacturer products could be excellent or not in terms of quality. So learn to keep an eye out. Plus their agents could have bad English and are not really patient and accommodating.
Trading companies are companies that buy from manufacturers and sell to retailers. So they tend to charge higher fees but have a greater selection of goods and their product quality is predictable. Their English is good and as a result, is easier to work with.
Minimum requirements include:
- Make sure the supplier accepts any of these options; Trade Assurance, PayPal, and AliPay. These are at the top of secure payment methods.
- Ensure your supplier is a Gold Supplier.
- Check to see if the supplier has been certified checked on site after been accessed by Alibaba.
Communication Methods of Alibaba
When you want to buy from Alibaba suppliers, the accepted means of communication are Skype, Alibaba chat, Whatsapp and Wechat.
While Wechat, Skype, and Whatsapp happen to be the quickest means of communication, the Alibaba messaging system is the safest and more concise communication method. It keeps your business quite private, all your communication information in a place and well documented especially in the occasion of a disagreement.
Things to consider while communicating with a supplier
- Make it easy for your supplier to be able to communicate especially in the event you’re talking to a supplier with little knowledge of English.
- Be clear about what you want and go straight to the point.
- Appear as well established as possible.
- After all these transactions, you can request a sample.
Payment Methods after you Buy from Alibaba
After you buy from Alibaba, you’ll have to pay for your products and this is where payment methods come in.
It’s important your supplier use PayPal or Alibaba Trade Assurance. These services help to verify your supplier’s credibility as not having this means they’ve been delisted because of fraudulent acts.
You can pay with Veem (Link), OFX, TransferWise, Wyre, Xoom, PayPal though its fees are high.
Avoid direct bank transfers, Western Union and T/T; unless there are no other options available to you as you’re leaving yourself open to scam.
How to ship Items after you buy from Alibaba
After you buy from Alibaba, shipping from them to your location is required, of course.
Use air express shipping with couriers like FedEx and DHL. Ask for air express quote from your supplier and add it to your Trade Assurance order.
If you happen to have a large or heavy item to be shipped, the most cost-effective method to ship is by a freight forwarder.
After you buy from Alibaba and your goods have arrived, you can now sell on Amazon.