Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022-2023 for Ugandans
Any professional who wants a boost in their career will take advantage of this opportunity. Go ahead and grab this opportunity to apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
It’s fully funded by the United States. Interestingly, applications for the 2022-2023 edition of the program are ongoing. The application is handled by the United States mission in Uganda.
The aim of this Fellowship Program is to bring accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States.
The program tends to bring them in at a midpoint in their careers for a ten-month program. It is a non-degree study and related professional experiences program. Additionally. This program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge. It also improves mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and their professional colleagues from Uganda.
Basic Details -Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Fellowship Sponsored by: The U.S. Department of State
Scholarship Host Institution(s): Leading U.S. Universities
Number of Scholarship Awards: 2 per year
Study Level for Scholarship: Mid-Career Professions
Duration of Program: 10 months
Eligible Nationality: Ugandans
Details of The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ugandans
All those who are successful in this program automatically become mid-career professionals. They will be working at the policy level who have a record of leadership as well as a commitment to public service. They will be based at leading U.S. universities in ten months (August 2022 – June 2023).
Within this period, they will pursue self-designed programs. The program will include independent study, coursework, as well as an internship with an organization in their field of choice.
To be considered, an applicant for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Have at least five (5) years of worthy professional experience in their field;
- demonstrated leadership qualities as well as a good record of public service;
- Finally, must be fluent in English
Eligible Fields of Study
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Communications and Journalism
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Finance & Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- The HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Human Resource Management
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Rights and Freedoms:
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Sustainable Lands
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- A Thriving Communities:
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Benefits of The Program
The Humphrey Fellowship provides many benefits, some of which are:
- A monthly maintenance allowance in addition to funding for books and professional activities;
- A limited accident and sickness insurance are available for the grantee only;
- round-trip economy international travel is available or the grantee;
- Finally, full tuition and university fees;
Interestingly, the application form is available at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey for free. Afterward, the completed applications should be submitted online on or before the deadline. All the applications must detail the specific coursework. As well as the independent research, and internship intentions of the applicant. It should also tell how they fit into his/her professional goals.
Documents for Application
- Copies of certificates
- Transcripts and
- Letters of recommendation
All these should be uploaded onto each applicant’s online application.
Please note that only final nominees will be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Deadline of Application
June 25, 2021