Instagram Reels : How to make a reel on Instagram
Instagram Reels is a new feature on Instagram that can record 15 to 30-seconds clip set to music on Instagram. It may not really sound new to some as other social media like TikTok use it.
So, what is Instagram Reels, and how can it be used to benefit users. Instagram Reels is a new way users can create fun and engaging video content. This latest video feature is available in the United States and 50 other countries. Find out more below.
Just like TikTok, Instagram users can record and edit together 15 to 30-seconds video clips set to music and share them to their Stories, Explore Feed, and the new Reels tab on a user’s profile.
It has its own version of the For You page: the new Reels Explore Feed. You can find this on the Instagram Explore Page. Instagram is also in the stage of testing a Reels button on the main navigation bar. Watch out for it soon.
Instagram Reel Download
This will bring about a big change on the app, and a significant push to have users browse and share Reels more often. They will not only see Reels from accounts they follow as they scroll, but they will see those from popular and trending accounts as well.
However, the Reels algorithm hasn’t been locked down yet, it is similar to the TikTok For You Page. It’s influenced by who you already follow, what content you interact with, and where you’re located. When you’re scrolling, you notice some Reels have a “Featured” label above the caption.
Instagram Reels Features
According to Instagram, “If your reel features in Explore, you’ll receive a notification. It is a selection of public reels chosen to help you discover original content we hope will entertain and inspire you.”
So, like TikTok, if you find a song or audio clip you like, you can tap the music and select “Use Audio”.
Take a look at other videos using that audio and see what’s out there. It never hurts to take inspiration and jump on a trend!
Users can also select music from a huge library or use their own audio. Note that the Instagram Reels music feature may not work for all Instagram accounts.
If you notice your account doesn’t have the music feature, don’t worry! There are ways you can work around it; either record your own music and audio or edit your video outside of Instagram Reels.
Instagram Reel App
However, On top of selecting and adding music, there are a number of available video editing tools to check out. The option to trim and delete video clips, a video countdown timer, the option to adjust your video’s speed, and a library of video effects to choose from.
When creating a Reel, you can choose to film video clips on the spot or upload from your camera roll. Once you’re happy with the clips, you can use the draw and text tools and choose from a selection of Instagram stickers.
How to Create Instagram Reels
According to Later.com, This Instagram Reels is a new model in the Instagram Stories Camera menu, Placed either between the default Normal mode and Create mode or on the bottom menu next to “Story”.
Here are guides to creating a reel:
- To find it, simply open the Instagram Stories camera and find the Reels icon.
- From this place, you can select your audio by tapping the music icon
- Select the speed of your video by pressing the play icon.
- Decide how long you’d like your video to be by tapping the circle with 15-seconds on the left-hand side. When you press, shuffle between 15 seconds and 30 seconds.
- Once you’ve decided on your video length, you can choose how long your clips will be by selecting the stopwatch icon. When you set a timer, there’s a countdown before the recording starts. You can choose between a 3 second and 10-second countdown.
- Change the countdown duration by tapping the number next to “Countdown”.
- Similar to Boomerang mode, you can scroll across to apply effects or AR filters to your video. You can also decide to use any already saved filters or you can scroll to the end and tap “Browse Effects”.
- Either hold down the record button to capture footage or upload video footage from your camera roll.
- If you want to trim or delete any of the clips you’ve recorded tap the back arrow to the right of the record button. Press into the individual clip you want to edit. When you tap into the clip of your choice, either tap the scissors to trim or the trash to delete.
- Once you’re happy with the result, you can use the draw and text tools and select from Instagram Stickers. When done, you can edit the cover photo with a video thumbnail or add a cover from your camera roll.
Now it’s time to share your video! You can share the Reel to your Stories, Explore Feed, and the new Reels tab on your profile. Check out the latest tab on Instagram profiles. This is where you will see your videos and drafts, it is also where your followers can go to find all of your published Reels.