Paypal Password Recovery | How to Recover your PayPal Account Password
Paypal password recovery is a term some people use when they forget their PayPal password and can’t sign in to access their account. If you have forgotten your password, and need help recovering or resetting your password, then this article is for you
Also, it gives you access to either recover or reset your password, so you can log into your account with ease.
Paypal Forgot Password
If you forget your password, Paypal offers you various options in resetting or recovering your password. You can easily reset your password from the top of any paypal.com page. It is that easy, all you will require to enter is your email address which is linked with your PayPal account.
Paypal also gives varying options from which you can recover your password. You can reset it through text, email, phone, and even your Facebook messenger.
Paypal recover password Tips
Paypal usually advises that you make your PayPal password 8-20 characters long and it should include at least one number and one symbol. If you call to reset your password, Paypal will email you a link to reset your password.
This link is valid for 10 minutes and can only be used once. If after using any of the steps outlined below, you still have trouble logging in, you may need to clear your cache and cookies from your Internet browser. If you need help with clearing the cache, go to your browser’s support page, or do a web search with
‘How do I clear cache and cookies?
- Do you have different Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account?
then you may be asked to go through an authorization challenge when logging into your PayPal account.
- In case you are already logged in to Google account before the challenge step up, just click on ‘Continue’ to complete the validation.
How to Reset Your Forgotten PayPal Password
If you have forgotten your PayPal password, but you can still have access to the email address that you used in registering with PayPal, then use the following steps to have your account recovered:
- Visit the PayPal login page
- Tap on the option that reads ‘Having trouble logging in’?
- Fill out the email address, that you used for PayPal and tap on the ‘Next’ option. (PayPal will ask you to confirm your identity by choosing a verification method).
- Choose how you want to recover your password, and tap on “Next”. (PayPal will show you some options like “Have us call you”, “Receive a text”, “Receive an email” “Answer your security questions”, “Confirm through Facebook Messenger” or “Confirm your identity using Google”).
You can choose any option from the ones given above.
Listed below is how to use each of the options to help with any one of them you decide on.
Recover your password via Call
If you choose the ‘Have Us Call You’ option, will see a code on the screen.
You are to use the code when you get Paypal’s call. You will be asked to create a new password and confirm the same by entering it a second time.
Recover your password via Text
If you decide to ‘Receive a text’, key in the 6-digit security code sent to your mobile device and tap on ‘Next’.
You will be prompted to create a new password and confirm the same by entering it the second time.
Paypal password Recovery by Email
If you opt to ‘Receive a mail’, then you will have to key in the 6-digit security code emailed to you and tap on Continue.
You may be asked to confirm your card number. Then, you will be asked to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
If you choose to email and you don’t see the email in your inbox, then do this:
- Check your ‘Spam’ folder
- You can also have it resent by easily clicking on Resend.
Recover your password by Answering Security Questions
- If “Answer security questions” is what you prefer, then key in your answers and tap on Continue.
- You may be asked to confirm your card number. Then you will be asked to create a new password and confirm the same by entering it a second time.
It’s amazing the variety of things we can do with a Facebook messenger.
- You can also have the option to ‘Confirming your identity through Facebook Messenger’.
- Now if you choose to use this method, simply click on ‘Send Code’, and key in the 6-digit security code sent to your Messenger and tap on ‘Confirm’.
- You will be asked to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
Google Email Accounts Recovering
In case you have one or more Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account, you may be required to go through an authorization challenge upon logging in to your PayPal account.
If you already signed in to a Google account before the challenge step up, just click on ‘Continue’ to complete the validation.
So these are the various methods of recovering you paypal account password.