Pinterest Ads | How to Set Up Ads on Your Pinterest Business Account
Pinterest Ads are pins shown when a user types specific ideas, products or services using rich and possible keywords for a search query in the search bar. It’s also a form of Pinterest Marketing strategy.
Pinterest is another social media that can help you market your product as a digital marketing option. Through Pinterest, you can get lots of potential clients that may eventually become customers.
Running ads on Pinterest is a step further in the right direction when you own a business. With the first wise step being, setting up a Pinterest business account.
With over 100 million active users as of September 2015, Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing and largest social media platforms. One of the benefits of Pinterest is its large audience can be taken advantage of by business owners (small businesses especially).
Users can actively search for these ideas or passively by going through their home feeds. Promoted ads are mixed with organic ads and are displayed throughout the feeds.
There are basically two types of pins; promoted pins and organic pins. Promoted pins are paid ads and are indicated by a text at the bottom of the pin that says, “Promoted by”.
Benefits of Pinterest Ads
- Pinterest ads allow you to scope out the perfect customer for you and help you influence the buying decision process.
- They’re easy to create and quite cheap to run.
- The study shows that with the high rate of users on Pinterest with a 93% rate of users who plan to buy on the app gives a business a ripe market for sale.
- Pinterest allows users to sync their accounts to other social media apps.
- Users can post feeds on their website.
- It helps users sell brands and products through specific categories. Thus, helping customers find a business by categories and tags.
- Also, it helps businesses to reduce the ‘salesness’ of their product and helps gain customers’ trust.
- It helps businesses find their place by using hashtags.
- Exploit the inbound links option.
How to Set Up Ads on your Business Account
Setting up a Pinterest ad on your business account is relatively easy. The steps are going to be outlined below. But first, you need to set up a Pinterest business account to be able to advertise. If you don’t have one, click here to learn how to create one or how to convert your personal account to a business account.
Furthermore, ads can only be run for pins from your profile. So you have to add the pins you want to promote to any of the boards on your account.
More importantly, ads are only available to users who reside in Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States.
- At the top left corner of your screen, click on ‘Ads’ and select the ‘Create Ad’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Indicate your campaign objective for your ad at the ‘What’s your campaign objective?’. This actually wants to know what your ultimate goal is.
- Click on ‘Traffic’.
- A ‘Campaign details’ window will appear. This is where you provide information like; campaign name, where you set both your daily and lifetime budget for the ad campaign.
- Next select ‘campaign placement’. This helps you select where you want your ad to show, either in the home feed so users can see it while they browse or in search results when they key in a search query using specific words.
- Choose ‘search’ option for placement’, if you want to create a search ad.
- To do this, choose the ad group you’d like to target. Input an ad group name and choose a schedule for it. Then add a daily budget. Here you can also set a date (both start and end ad date) for your campaign.
- Next, add a keyword you want to appear when users search for items that fall into your niche. You can make up your own keywords or use the ‘Extend your reach’ option to select any of the provided keywords.
- The next thing you need to do is choose the locations, languages, devices, and gender that you’d like to target.
- Specify the maximum cost per click (CPC) bid you want to generate.
- Click on the red ‘Pick a Pin’ button that allows you to select the pins you want to promote. You’re allowed to promote multiple pins a various ad group but are allowed to only select a pin at every given time.
- When you want to upload your pins you want to promote, you can search your pins by selecting; all pins, search by Keyword or URL, 30-day most clicked or 30-day most saved.
- Finally, key in the name you’ll like the pin to promote to bear by keying in the name in the ‘Promoted Pin name’ and destination URL.
- Tap the red ‘Promote Pin’ button at the bottom of your screen.
- The ad will be reviewed and gets approval by Pinterest. This process takes less than 24 hours to go through. If it’s not approved, an email and notification in your Ads Manager dashboard will be sent to you.
Note: If you’re an ads first-timer, it’ll need you to set up billing info. If this is not done, the pin you want to promote will not be saved.
Setting up or editing your billing info can be done at any time. Simply click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the Ads Manager and select ‘Billing’.