Snapchat starter pack | Snapchat setup| Beginners guide
Snapchat starter Pack-Snapchat is one of the social media giants of the past decade, launched in 2011; it has its own unique messaging plus other unique features.
Then in 2017, Snapchat broke from the social media mold of intermingling posts of friends and corporate-owned posts.
This was done to separate the media from the social, so now you have two different feeds on the app.
This created an entirely new social media ecosystem; Snapchat already had the unique option of temporary posts that disappeared once viewed.
The Snapchat ephemeral nature
Snapchat ephemeral means that are most activities on the site tends to self destruct, ranging from pictures, post and even messages.
So, new users have to rethink strategy when it comes to using the app.
Snapchat ranks high when it comes to the number of active users on the site.
They are home to over 170,000,000 active users daily, to engage this audience, it’s important to adopt a new strategy.
There is a media fallacy out that says Snapchat is usually for millennials and teenagers.
Well according to studies most adults spend time on Snapchat than they do on the Instagram, weird right.
Snapchat features and terminology
Every social media outlet has its own unique terms, an example is twittered‘ tweet’, Snapchat is a revolutionary social platform.
So it came with tons of unique features and terminology, some of these features and terms have been integrated into other platforms.
- Snap: a Snapchat video or picture is called a snap, normal right, well like earlier stated Snapchat is ephemeral.
That means its pictures or videos will disappear after they’ve been viewed, unopened snaps disappear after a month.
- Stories: pictures or videos added story keeps them on for 24 hours; you and your friends can also create custom stories.
- Filter: A Snapchat filter allows you to edit a snap by adding overlaying effects to it.
- Snapchat lens: Snapchat lenses are like filters cause of their effect feature but unlike filters, Snapchat lenses are used when taking a snap.
- Snapcode: Snapcodes are unique QR-codes that can be scanned to add friends and access some Snapchat features.
- Chat: Snapchat’s messaging feature, chats disappear after they are viewed.
Snapchat starter pack-Snapchat account setup
To set up your Snapchat account is pretty easy,
- First, you download the app by visiting either the apple store or the play store.
- Open the app after downloading the app and select ‘sign up’, then enter your name and ‘‘sign up and accept’’
- Enter your birthday and select continue
- Pick a username and select continue
- Now create your password
- Next, enter your email and continue
- Enter your phone number and wait for your verification code
- Enter the code and tap ‘‘continue’’
Adding friends on Snapchat.
Snapchat automatically scans your contact to identify Snapchat users. To find then select continue on the ‘‘find your friend’’ page.
Snapchat will then request for permission to access your contact list, you can then select the ones you want to snap with.
Another means of adding friends is to scan their unique QR codes for friends that you don’t have their contact.
Snapchat Bitmoji feature allows you to create a cartoon version of yourself, to do this you must download the Bitmoji app.
Your Bitmoji can be used in having chats even outside the Snapchat app.
How to create and send Snaps
- Create a picture or video, to create a picture snap, tap on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
- To create a video, hold the camera icon down and a red mark will appear indicating that your snap is recording
You can capture up to 15 seconds of video on a Snap. If you keep pressing the camera icon, it will capture multiple video Snaps.
- Snaps are usually in selfie moods, to use the back camera double-tap the screen or select the small camera icon on the top right.
- If you don’t like your snap, discard it by tapping the ‘‘x’’ icon on the top left of the screen.
How to use Snapchat filters
Snapchat filters are available on the top right of your screen, after finishing creating your snap, use the various tools to edit it.
The Snapchat lens
Snapchat lens adds special effects to your snaps, to use the Snapchat lens, go to the home page, lenses appear at the bottom.
Select any lens of your choice, some lenses have command prompts like open your mouth, etc.