Square payment App | Easy Android/iOS payment POS
Square payment app is the best Android/iPhone mobile credit card processing. It’s fast and easy to use android/iOS payment POS with more than 2 million small business merchants and individual users in the U.S, Canada, U.K, Japan, and Australia.
The square payment app is a free download mobile app that is compatible with Apple and Android phones and tablets.
Square is the best low-fee credit card processing because it doesn’t charge monthly fees or annual maintenance fees for your account. To use this app, you just have to pay flat-rate transaction fees. There’s no chargeback fee. It’s seen as quite an unusual month many mobile credit card processing institutions.
Square payment app Flat-rate processing fees
It doesn’t distinguish between card types and its charges are the same rate for debit, credit, rewards, and corporate cards. All card brands are also treated equally.
Therefore, if you pay the same rate, whether your customer pays with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American express. So, if your customers choose to use rewards, business, international or American Express cards, you’ll be saving some money.
Here are charges for transactions:
If you’re using credit cards, debit cards or any contactless payments that you accept in person, you need to pay the following fees:
- If you’re using a square Reader or Square stand, you’ll pay 2.75%
- For square register or square for retail or for square appointments, you pay 2.5%+ $0.10
Absent of card transactions– Square payment app
App payments without a card at hand, it can be online, invoice and recurring payments, you need to pay any of the following:
- For cards accepted, with the Square invoice or the Square online store, you’ll pay 2.9%+0.30
- If cards accepted using Square online store premium plan, you’ll pay 2.6% + $0.30
- When you manually key in cards with virtual Terminal or the square point of sale app and recurring payments with cards info stored in the card on File, you pay 3.5% + $0.15
Available custom rates
- If you want to qualify for any of the custom rates, you need to process above $250,000 annually, and your average sales ticket must be larger than $15.
Its user agreement for a traditional payment processing contract means that there’s no form of the termination fee and you’re free to close your account at a time without any penalty if the service isn’t working out of service for business.
Benefits of using Square payment app
- There’s no application or setup fee
- Offers no monthly fee
- There’s no minimum processing requirement
- Absence of payment gateway setup fee
- No monthly payment gateway fee
- There’s no PCI compliance fee for PCI non-compliance fee or PCI non-compliance fee
- Absence of early termination or closure of account fees
- It offers no chargeback fee.
The Free point of sale software
It offers full POS features for running a business, here are some of them:
- It accepts cards like credit cards, mobile wallets, cash, paper checks, and gift cards
- You can open or split tabs
- Can set discounts and taxes
- It issues funds
- Offers prompt customers for tips with suggested tip amounts
- Helps to manage customer info and feedback
- You can print emails and text receipts.
- Sending of invoices and accepting of credit card payments online
- Make use of inventory management features in tracking quantities in real-time
- It shows sales of data and also creates reports
- This app integrates with third-party business solutions like accounting software and e-commerce platform.
How to download Square payment app for Android
If you need this app, you can get it by downloading it on your mobile devices using your google play store for Android users. Also, you can download the app at squareup.com/app on your browser.
Provide the details for the account download and check if your device software is up to date.
How to download Square payment app on iOS devices
To download, click on the app store icon on your iOS device screen. Enter the app name you want to download. Tab the downloading option of your app on the device. Sometimes, it can appear as ‘’Get’’ ‘’Install’’ and so on. Some will require entering your Apple ID password or Touch ID to finish the process.
Then, it’ll show the square icon on the device home, then, download it completely and open it.
How to create Square Account
To create this account, Go to the account creation page on the Square app and click on ‘’Create account’’. It’ll ask for personal details, enter your full details such as social security number, or individual Taxpayer Identification number, a US-based bank account number, date of birth and US home mailing address.
NB: Age requirement for qualification for customers that wants a credit card remains 18 years and above.