USA Immigrants Jobs – How to Apply
Do you want to work in the US as an immigrant? If yes, there’s an opportunity for you to work in the US as an immigrant. A lot of Job opportunities are available for USA Immigrants. So, you can apply for them to earn a good living for yourself.
US government has made it possible for fresh immigrants to make a good living as they’re settling in the United States.
Trending Now: 2000 + Visa Sponsorship Jobs Available in Canada
As n immigrant, you can take up any of the jobs that the US government provides. This Job is very easy for those holding a US green card and work permit.
If you really want to know how to apply for any work in the US as an immigrant, this article is the best. I advise you read to the end.
Trending Now: UK Visa Lottery Application Form
USA Jobs Available for Immigrants
There’re different types of jobs you can apply for in the U.S. It ranges in different categories as listed below:
- Mathematics etc
As I said earlier, the Job application is quite easy once you have your green card or a working permit.
In addition, obtaining a Job in the US will also be easier if you have the required degree and certificates.
This website belongs to the United States Federal Government. It’s a platform that connects job seekers with the Federal agencies that are searching for employees.
It serves as a central place for all job seekers. Here they can search for jobs they want to apply for using the keywords.
Then after this, they can now apply if they are qualified, then they can be matched with the corresponding company or the agency.
As an immigrant, you can also search for any USA job on the portal. We’re sure of the very many opportunities on the portal.
Once you use this website, you don’t have to go through all the stress of hunting for jobs. With this, all you just have to do is to use the USA Job Search as a desired category and then your “Zip code”.
How you can apply for USA Jobs-USA Immigrants Jobs
Those who wish to apply for any of the US jobs for immigrants should follow the steps below:
- Switch on your device’s internet connection
- Go to the job application page and click on the link https://uscis.usajobs.gov/
- Then scroll down the page and tap on the “job title”, “ Department” or “ occupation” in the right fields.
- Enter your “City State” “Zipcode” or “country “ in the right fields.
- Tap the search bar you’ll see at the bottom of the page.
- You’ll see a list of job vacancies showing on the screen. Scroll through the list and click on the job that you want.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the job and tap on the “Apply button”
- This will now redirect you to the new age. On the new page, sign in with your “email address” and “password” to access your account.
- In another way, you click on the “Create an account’’ if you do not have anyone.
So, after logging in to your account, you now follow the following prompts showing on your screen to complete the application steps.
How you can Check your USA Job application Status
It’s good if you track your application status after applying for any of the USA jobs as an immigrant. Checking the application status will help you know if you can get the job. If you want to check the application status, use the below steps:
- Visit the official site at https://www.usajobs.gov/, and ensure that your device has an internet connection.
- Tap on the “sign-in” button at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Enter your “email address” and the “password to sign in to your USA job profile.
- Once you get on the home page, click on the “applications”.
- Proceed and go through the list of applications and record your “job status”.
- Tap on “Track this application” and then view your application status.
Once you do this, you can track your application status. There and then you can now track your application status on the portal when you apply for a job via the portal.
The U.S Government jobs for their Non-citizens
For non-citizens of the United States, there’re chances that you can get a job in the U.S. This is possible because the immigration law policy allows it. This is very possible is there’s no U.S citizen available to fill the gap, and then you’ll be considered for the vacancy.
How Can I get a U.S job if am not a citizen?
If you ponder about this in your mind, you can work as an immigrant in the U.S with a permanent resident card or a work permit. Through this, you can apply for jobs that are open to immigrants on the usa.gov portal.
How to know if a job is open for Immigrants
If you want to know if a job of open to immigrants, you can use the usa.gov portal. Then search for the job. Proceed to click on the “Who may Apply” link and then go through the requirements and qualifications for the job. This will help you to apply for a job as an immigrant.
The requirements you need to work as an immigrant in the U.S
Well, there’s no specific requirement to work in the U.S as an immigrant. It’s possible because each job comes with its unique qualifications.
Most importantly, you’ll need a green card, a work permit, or be in the process of seeking U.S citizenship to apply.
What does Job Status on my usa.gov profile mean?
Once you click on a job on us.gov, you can now see the job status. So, the job status is there to tell you the hiring process of the job that you want to apply for. However, “Accepting applications” means that the application for the job is now open. Then, “Hiring Complete” means that the application is now closed since there’re no vacancies.
How Long Does the Recruitment exercise process Take
Considering the process of hiring staff, it totally depends on the company. It can take a few months. However, it’s not a reason to raise alarm as immigrants can apply for more than one job at a time.
What other jobs can I get as an Immigrant in the US?
There’re a lot of jobs one can get if you are in the U.S and it includes: Housekeeping, tailors, machine operators, Farm/Agricultural workers, and so on. Also, you can have access to vacant jobs as an immigrant on the usa.gov platform.